Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Don't throw away the browned milk solids in the bottom of your ghee pot. Add some garlic and rice and you have an easy, not-too-spicy side dish. Ghee is clarified butter and is used in Indian cooking. It would be easy to add veggies and make this a whole meal. Search for another recipe to make the ghee, then come back here for the rice
- Use the same pan in which you have just made the ghee since it will already be warm.
- Leave 2 TBL of the browned milk solids in the pan.
- Save the rest for another time or double the recipe.
- Saute the minced garlic with the solids.
- Add crushed peppercorns to taste.
- Add rice and heat through.