Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Don't throw away the browned milk solids in the bottom of your ghee pot. Add some garlic and rice and you have an easy, not-too-spicy side dish. Ghee is clarified butter and is used in Indian cooking. It would be easy to add veggies and make this a whole meal. Search for another recipe to make the ghee, then come back here for the rice
- 2 tablespoons milk solids, from the ghee pot
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon peppercorn, crushed
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Use the same pan in which you have just made the ghee since it will already be warm.
- Leave 2 TBL of the browned milk solids in the pan.
- Save the rest for another time or double the recipe.
- Saute the minced garlic with the solids.
- Add crushed peppercorns to taste.
- Add rice and heat through.