Don't throw away the browned milk solids in the bottom of your ghee pot. Add some garlic and rice and you have an easy, not-too-spicy side dish. Ghee is clarified butter and is used in Indian cooking. It would be easy to add veggies and make this a whole meal. Search for another recipe to make the ghee, then come back here for the rice
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Use the same pan in which you have just made the ghee since it will already be warm.
- 2Leave 2 TBL of the browned milk solids in the pan.
- 3Save the rest for another time or double the recipe.
- 4Saute the minced garlic with the solids.
- 5Add crushed peppercorns to taste.
- 6Add rice and heat through.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter or Ghee Pot Rice
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.3
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: