Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chewy, caramely salty and sweet...covers all the bases and is simple to make!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups firm pack light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 13x9x2 baking pan.
- Beat eggs until light and foamy.
- Beat in sugar, vanilla and melted butter until creamy.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to egg mixture, mixing at low speed until well blended (mixture will be stiff).
- Stir in nuts by hand.
- Spread evenly in prepared baking pan and bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes or until top is light brown.
- Cool at least 15 minutes on wire rack before cutting into bars.