Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Another recipe from the old Swedish church cookbook.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 2 3⁄4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped blanched almonds
- 12 candied cherries
- Cream butter.
- Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, unbeaten, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Form into balls the size of a walnut.
- Roll in slightly beaten egg whites.
- Then roll in chopped almonds.
- Press 1/4 cherry into center.
- Grease baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Smaller cookies can be baked at 25 minutes.