1/1 Photo of Butter Naan
3 hrs 5 mins
Butter Naan is the bread we find in all Indian Restaurants. This recipe is to make it without tandoor. Recipe source is JayPuri.blogspot.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Take a bowl; add all ingredients except oil and butter.
- 22. Use lukewarm water to knead and make soft dough.
- 33. Apply 1 Tbsp of oil on dough. Cover it with wet towel and keep it in warm place for two hours.
- 44. Divide the dough in eight equal size balls. Apply remaining oil to these dough balls.
- 55. Press the dough from sides to expand the dough. Leave the dough a little thicker in center.
- 66. Roll the dough with help of rolling pin. Use some dry flour if your dough is sticking.
- 77. Take the dough in your hand. Pat to stretch the dough and give it round shape. (just like pizza dough).
- 88. Preheat oven at 450 F in Broil mode.
- 99. Take a non stick Baking tray. Put it on first rack of oven and heat it up for 3 minutes.
- 1010. Take the tray out (when it is hot) place the dough and pull it from one side to give it triangle shape.
- 1111. You can apply few drops of water on top of naan dough. (Optional).
- 1212. Place the tray on first rack of oven. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- 1313. Flip them and cook the bottom side for 1 minute.
- 1414. With Help of knife, check to make sure the naan is fully cooked. If not, then put it back for 30 – 60 seconds.
- 1515. Take your naan out, apply some butter.
- 16Serve hot with any main course dish.
- 17Note: Cook Naan on upper rack of oven for 3-4 minutes (Total). They will turn out really soft. Naan will get harder if you cook them for longer.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Naan
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.0
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.9 mg
- Sodium 541.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 11.2 g