Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Thursday magazine.
Make and share this Butter Mushroom Cottage Cheese and Sprouted Green Gram Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 300 g cottage cheese
- 200 g mushrooms
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 inch ginger
- 5 -6 garlic cloves
- 14 cashews
- 14 groundnuts
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, powdered
- 2 inches cinnamon, powdered
- 4 ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves, powdered
- 3 green cardamoms, powdered
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 pinch orange food coloring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup yoghurt
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook till soft.
- Put this in a mixture.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes; blend well and keep aside.
- Soak the nuts in water for 15 minutes and then drain.
- Grind to a fine paste.
- Now heat a pan and once its hot, shallow fry the onion and tomato paste.
- Add the turmeric and red chilli powders, orange colour, yoghurt and milk.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add salt, nuts and the other powdered masalas.
- Add mushrooms and the cottage cheese.
- Cook till soft.
- Add cornflour mixed with a little water and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, onion rings and sliced carrots.
- To prepare the salad, boil one cup of sprouted green gram with 2 green chillies.
- After it gets cooled, mix with a cup of beaten yoghurt to which you have to add salt to taste.
- Fry cumin and asafoetida powder in a little ghee.
- Add it to the above mixture.
- Garnish with tomato slices and coriander leaves.