Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Thursday magazine.
Make and share this Butter Mushroom Cottage Cheese and Sprouted Green Gram Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 300 g cottage cheese
- 200 g mushrooms
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 inch ginger
- 5 -6 garlic cloves
- 14 cashews
- 14 groundnuts
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, powdered
- 2 inches cinnamon, powdered
- 4 ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves, powdered
- 3 green cardamoms, powdered
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 pinch orange food coloring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup yoghurt
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook till soft.
- Put this in a mixture.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes; blend well and keep aside.
- Soak the nuts in water for 15 minutes and then drain.
- Grind to a fine paste.
- Now heat a pan and once its hot, shallow fry the onion and tomato paste.
- Add the turmeric and red chilli powders, orange colour, yoghurt and milk.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add salt, nuts and the other powdered masalas.
- Add mushrooms and the cottage cheese.
- Cook till soft.
- Add cornflour mixed with a little water and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, onion rings and sliced carrots.
- To prepare the salad, boil one cup of sprouted green gram with 2 green chillies.
- After it gets cooled, mix with a cup of beaten yoghurt to which you have to add salt to taste.
- Fry cumin and asafoetida powder in a little ghee.
- Add it to the above mixture.
- Garnish with tomato slices and coriander leaves.