Recipe by marisk
A secretary in my office brought this recipe in one day. If you've had mochi before, this is not like the mochi you eat at New Years; it has a rich, slightly sweet flavor. The mochiko powder can probably be found in the oriental section of your grocery store.
- 946.36 ml rice powder (mochiko powder)
- 650.62 ml granulated sugar
- 44.37 ml baking powder
- 946.36 ml whole milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 113.39 g butter, melted
- 29.58 ml pure vanilla extract
- 7.39-14.79 ml butter, to grease pan
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, blend all wet ingredients until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet in small amounts.
- Stir until well incorporated and continue adding the dry ingredients until all has been absorbed.
- Pour mixture in one 9" x 13" or two 8" x 8" buttered pan (s).
- Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Test with toothpick - comes out clean when done.
- Let cool before cutting.
- Yield will differ according to the size of the pieces -- suggest cutting in squares or 1"x2" rectangles-- it is rich.