1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 20 mins
A secretary in my office brought this recipe in one day. If you've had mochi before, this is not like the mochi you eat at New Years; it has a rich, slightly sweet flavor. The mochiko powder can probably be found in the oriental section of your grocery store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, blend together the dry ingredients.
- 3In a separate bowl, blend all wet ingredients until well combined.
- 4Add the dry ingredients to the wet in small amounts.
- 5Stir until well incorporated and continue adding the dry ingredients until all has been absorbed.
- 6Pour mixture in one 9" x 13" or two 8" x 8" buttered pan (s).
- 7Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.
- 8Test with toothpick - comes out clean when done.
- 9Let cool before cutting.
- 10Yield will differ according to the size of the pieces -- suggest cutting in squares or 1"x2" rectangles-- it is rich.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Mochi
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.0
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 37.5 mg
- Sodium 144.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: