Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
The most delish dessert you will ever try. I make this every time we have a dinner party and need something easy and fast. It is supposed to be chewy and soft so don't be surprised with the texture (Almost rubbery but easy to chew, very different from the normal desert). Its a common local treat or after school snack in Hawaii and you cant find it any where else in America. (its Originally from Japan)
- 1 (16 ounce) box mochiko sweet rice flour
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into buttered non stick baking pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Let cool; cut into cubes and serve.
i loved this recipe. i had some friends over and they were not too keen on it at all, however my kids and the nieghborhood boys gobbled the whole batch up! it is very easy and easy to keep eating without realizing it! the consistancy is kinda of oily and a bit spongy-rubbery. i will certainly make this again!