1/1 Photo of Butter Mint Sugar Cookie
This was passed on to me by a friend. At the top she had witten: This buttermint sugar cookie recipe is not your common sugar cookie. You like something a little different, so this one is for you." I'm not exactly sure just how she meant that but it sounds good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- 3Place buttermints and a 1/2 cup granulated sugar in a sturdy plastic sandwich bag and crush with rolling pin, meat mallet, or hammer.
- 4In a large bowl, combine crushed mint mixture with butter, with an electric mixer set at medium speed, beat for 2-3 minutes.
- 5Add egg and vanilla extract; continue beating until well mixed.
- 6Reduce speed to low, and add gradually add flour mixture. Beat until well mixed.
- 7Shape balls into 1-inch balls; roll in decorator sugar if desired. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 8Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. Immediately remove cookies and transfer to a cooling surface.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Mint Sugar Cookie
Serving Size: 1 (9 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.0
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.4 mg
- Sodium 34.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: