Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are yummy little cookies to have at parties or after dinner.
Make and share this Butter-Mint Shortbread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Beat butter and 3/4 cup powdered sugar at medium speed in mixer, until fluffy and light.
- Add extracts and beat until blended.
- Add flour gradually, beating at low speed until blended after each addition.
- Pat dough into large (approximately 15x10) rectangle on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 325 for 18-20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Yummy little cookies indeed, with a slight, bite, --- perfect! Very, very nice shortbread, texture, appearance, all as should be, not too sweet, and that slight hint of, hmm, what IS that? Thanks for a lovely recipe! Made for PAC Spring 2008