Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
These pale golden butter-mint pats/cookies are similar to a shortbread type cookie, and are so melt-in-your-mouth delicious! A favorite from my father.
- Cream butter in large mixer bowl until light; add crushed mints.
- Add flour; blend well at low speed with mixer, or by hand.
- Chill dough for 1/2 hour.
- Roll out or pat dough into a 9-inch square on waxed paper.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares.
- Using tiny cookie cutter, press a design on each square.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes, or until the cookies are set and just starting to turn pale golden (not browned). Do not overbake.
- (NOTE: Cook time includes chill time of 1/2 hour.).
- (NOTE: To crush mints place in heavy plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin- or, use your processor.).
I made these for christmas and they are so good. Everyone liked them. I did freeze some after the holidays and I liked them better not frozen. They are going on my cookie list for next year. Thanks for sharing your recipe.