- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- green colored crystal sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in extract.
- Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls.
- Place 1 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with a glass dipped in colored sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until firm.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.