Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
This is my own way of making french toast with bananas. It's very quick and easy. I could probably have it done in less than 10 min.I usually only get to cook for myself so its only as one serving, but you can easily enlarge the recipe for more than one.
- cooking spray
- 2 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄4 cup canned evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (as much as desired)
- 1 medium banana, peeled (to your liking of ripeness)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons king syrup or 2 tablespoons preferred syrup
- TIP: it's always good to read ahead.
- Lightly spray large skillet or a griddle & put on 350°F or medium-high.
- In a square dish, or Tupperware container, using fork or whisk, mix together egg, milk, vanilla, and allspice.
- Flip bread in mixture one at a time until both sides are coated (there should be extra coating left), then lay in pan.
- While bread is cooking, break 1/3 of the banana off and put in a microwave safe bowl(I use a coffee cup), and add the butter. Microwave for about 30 seconds on high, then mash and stir with fork. Put in for another 30 seconds - 1 minute (it should be very mushy) stir.
- CHECK BREAD! Flip to other side and pour remainder of egg coating evenly on tops of bread. Push around with spatula to evenly cover top, when it goes over the edge and spreads into the pan just squish to side of bread. Sprinkle top with cinnamon and flip when bottom has browned. Let brown.
- Place french toast on plate and spread "banana butter" on one slice and place other slice on top. Cut.
- Put the syrup into microwave safe bowl and microwave for 15 seconds or until warm and very thin. Drizzle over bread. Split the rest of the banana in half. Place one half above and one to the side of your french toast. (Serve, eat warm) Enjoy -- I sure do :).