Cook1 hr 40 mins
I have not made this recipe yet, but my sister told me these were the best carrots she's ever had, so I figured they were well worth a try...from the October 2007 Yoga Journal.
- Heat butter, water, salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne, brown sugar and maple syrup together in a small pan.
- Place carrots and thyme in a greased baking dish.
- Evenly coat carrots with the maple mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour 15 minute.
- Remove foil and bake for another 25 minutes, until slightly browned and carmelized.
The carrots were lovely prepared this way. Great flavor and so tender. Loved the little bite from the cayenne pepper. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will make again. Made for Name That Ingredient Tag Game.
Absolutely delicious. Made as stated, but cooked alongside roast chicken at 400 degrees. Didn't have time to cook them uncovered but they were soft and tasty. Thanks!
These were a definite favorite at Thanksgiving dinner. I followed the recipe exactly, except that I used whole organic carrots, sliced on the diagonal.I was surprised they took the full cooking time. They were cooked in the oven and could have could have placed them in the warming tray. I wonder if they can be cooked completely on the stove, which would have freed up oven space.