Recipe by cookCol
I have not made this recipe yet, but my sister told me these were the best carrots she's ever had, so I figured they were well worth a try...from the October 2007 Yoga Journal.
Top Review by Baby Kato
The carrots were lovely prepared this way. Great flavor and so tender. Loved the little bite from the cayenne pepper. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will make again. Made for Name That Ingredient Tag Game.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 lbs baby carrots
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter, water, salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne, brown sugar and maple syrup together in a small pan.
- Place carrots and thyme in a greased baking dish.
- Evenly coat carrots with the maple mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour 15 minute.
- Remove foil and bake for another 25 minutes, until slightly browned and carmelized.