1/1 Photo of Butter Magic Sauce
Faux Chef Lael's Note:
Friends and family ask me for this recipe all the time and my husband has affectionately named it "Butter Magic." It's quick, simple, and what the old folks used to call LARRUPIN' GOOD (as in "so tasty it makes your tongue slap your brains out!") I originally created this sauce to brush on corn on the cob, but we quickly discovered it's great on any kind of veggies, potatoes, fish, shrimp, lobster, scallops, chicken, bread and popcorn. Let me know what foods you liked it on!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter (one stick is a half cup. I have not tried this with margarine.)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning (I like Tony Chachere's or Emiril's Essence but feel free to make your own)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika (always use a high quality paprika, otherwise it has no flavor and you're just adding it for color)
- 1Melt the butter in a small bowl in the microwave for approximately 10 - 20 seconds. You want it to be very soft but not liquefied. Do not overheat it or it will separate and the other ingredients will sink straight to the bottom.
- 2Stir the butter until it is a smooth, creamy consistency. Add the other ingredients and stir. Enjoy!
- 4You can refrigerate any leftover butter and use it again. When you reheat, follow the same rules as above. We find that the butter has better flavor on the second use, so you may want to make it ahead of time and let it "steep" in the fridge.
- 5I use dried herbs and spices, but feel free to use fresh if you have them. Everything is better fresh. Just remember to use double the amount of herbs.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Magic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.5
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 135.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.2 g