- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup port wine
- 4 ounces brie cheese, cheesek cut up
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn
- 2⁄3 cup crouton
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto (or 1 tablespoon basil leaves-NOT dried)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt, to taste
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In small non-reactive bowl combine the dried cranberries and port wine. Let stand 1 hour, stirring a few times. Drain after one hour and discard port.
- DRESSING: Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar with tight fitting lid and shake well. Yield: 1/3 cup.
- SALAD: Combine the drained cranberries, cheese, butter lettuce and croutons into a large salad bowl. Toss.
- Serve salad dressing on side.