Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sweet and sour dressing that works best spooned over butter lettuce.
Make and share this Butter Lettuce With Apricot and Poppy Seed Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 large butter lettuce, rinse and dry
- 1 large carrot, grated (optional)
- To make the dressing, place the preserves, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a blender.
- With machine running, gradually add oil until thickened. Stir in poppy seeds (don't blend seeds into dressing or they may pulverize.).
- Arrange lettuce leaves on individual salad plates.
- Serve with dressing passed on the side. If desired sprinkle the dressed greens with the grated carrot.