Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
In ‘Williams-Sonoma: Salad of the Day’
- 3 small head butter lettuce, separated into leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt, a pinch
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups homemade croutons
- parmesan cheese, for shaving (or asiago or gruyere)
- Tear the large lettuce leaves in half, leaving the smaller ones whole, and place all the lettuce in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle the vinegar and salt over the lettuce and toss well to mix.
- Drizzle with the oil, and scatter the croutons over the top, and toss again.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the cheese over the salad and serve.