Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are really awesome, butterless chocolate chip cookies. For whenever you run out of butter or just want to try something new. I got it off of sugarandcharmblog.com
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (i've made it without and it tasted perfectly fine)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream together oil, brown sugar and white sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then add in the vanilla and almond extract.
- Blend in dry ingredients and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes and then let them cool on the pan before moving them to a wire rack.
Watch how long you bake the cookies, they brown fast. Next time I am going to try omitting the almond extract or lessening ut because the almond flavor was to strong. My three year old daughter loved these cookies which is really all that matters.
Fantastic recipe. The cookies are delicious and soft, but not too soft.
They were yummy! Just thought I'd add that the oven temperature might be a bit too hot (or maybe its just my over haha!). Maybe 350F would do and at 10 minutes :)