Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are really awesome, butterless chocolate chip cookies. For whenever you run out of butter or just want to try something new. I got it off of sugarandcharmblog.com
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream together oil, brown sugar and white sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then add in the vanilla and almond extract.
- Blend in dry ingredients and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes and then let them cool on the pan before moving them to a wire rack.
Watch how long you bake the cookies, they brown fast. Next time I am going to try omitting the almond extract or lessening ut because the almond flavor was to strong. My three year old daughter loved these cookies which is really all that matters.
Fantastic recipe. The cookies are delicious and soft, but not too soft.
Amazing cookies! They were a huge hit with the whole family! No one knew there was no butter in them. I divided the recipe in half, which made 12 large cookies. A few changes: 2/3 c sugar (1/3 white, 1/3 brown) and it was still sweet bc of the chocolate... will try 1/2 c next time; 2 egg whites; no almond extract; baked for 7.5 min. Tasted just like the classic chocolate chip cookie and had the perfect soft yet chewy texture. Will def be making these again. Terrific recipe!!!