Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Buttery rice with oregano for a great side dish for almost any meal. Created by me.
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice (not instant)
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 tablespoons oregano
- Add water, bouillon cubes, and butter to a large stock pan and bring to boil.
- Add rice and oregano. Be sure to crush oregano with fingertips to bring out full flavor.
- Return to boil, then turn temperature to low. Cover pan with lid and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and let sit covered for a few minutes before serving.
This was excellent. Very easy to make and had it with fish. I will cut back to 6 tablespoons of butter instead of a whole stick. The oregano was a bit much so I might just add 2 tablespoons next time but thats a personal preference. Excellent recipe though.
I took one of the other reviewer's advice & cut back a bit on the amount of butter, but otherwise followed the recipe & the rice was wonderfully full of flavor! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for the closing of Pick A Chef event]
Excellent! At first, I thought the butter would be too much so I reduced it to about 1/3 cup butter (instead of 1/2 cup), and it turned out perfectly and produced a light and fluffy rice that was perfectly seasoned with just enough butter taste. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Amy in Kansas.