Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy butter and herb noodles from Rachel Ray.
- 1⁄2 lb extra-wide egg noodles (cooked until just tender, about 6 minutes)
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small bits
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon, leaves removed and chopped to about 1 T
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped to about 2 T
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Toss the cooked noodles with butter bits and herbs in a bowl until butter melts, about 1 minute.
I make these all the time. I often change up the herbs, add cheese and sometimes not depending on what I am serving the noodles alongside. I do find that adding a bit of pasta water with the butter in the pot gives them a nicer, more creamy consistency. Try it.
Very easy, very yummy. This combo of herbs was good, but I think you could sub just about any combo of herbs (or even Italian Seasoning) you had on hand with the same fast, filling results. I used some parmesan cheese in place of the salt, and used a couple of shakes of crushed red pepper instead of black pepper. Thanks for posting!