Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, Grated
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 whole green onions, finely chopped
- fresh black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, Fresh grated
- Melt butter in a medium skillet.
- Add everything except cheese and cook until garlic is tender, about 4 minutes.
- Combine hot pasta, toss with cheese and serve.
- Pasta suggestions: 3/4 lb Capellini, spaghettini or linguine.
I left out the cheese, added mushrooms, and used it on potatoes instead of pasta. It is fantastic! It even works on potatoes that come in a can!
I opted for potatoes as a substitute for pasta. Peeled, small red potatoes boiled until they are done, yet still firm worked GREAT! They were THE best potatoes that I've ever cooked, and were enjoyed by everyone that ate them. AWESOME RECIPE!
This recipe is really fantastic. I served it over portabello mushroom ravioli (from trader joes) served with some ginger marinated ahi and orange pecan green beans. YYYYYUM! I love your recipe but think that I should have cooked everything for a few minutes more- and (maybe?) cut back on the garlic just a touch (and we are huge fans of garlic!) The only change I made to your original post is using minced red onion rather than green... it's what we had on hand. This is a REALLY yummy recipe which we will certainly use again! (Even my two year old daughter ate it up!) Thanks for sharing!!!