Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is old home favorite. Always loved it....thought I should share our favorite's...ENJOY
- 1 1⁄2 kg chicken (2 inch cuts)
- 2 tablspn fresh ginger (minced)
- 200 g salted butter
- 5 -6 long green chilies, spliced (Adjust chillies to liking of Chilly taste)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 onions (cut into quarters)
- Defrost Chicken, Cut into 2 inch porton.
- Wash throughly and drain excess water using strainer.
- On Medium heat, heat non-stick WOK and add 100 grams butter. Once butter is semi melted, add Ginger and stir for 30 seconds.
- Then add splice shillies and stir for 30 secs. Now add Chicken to WOK, add salt. Stir Well and close lid for 1 minute.
- Open and add Onions and Black Pepper and balance of Butter.stir Well. Lower Heat to Low/Med ad close lid. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Open, you will see some water. Stir well and close lid for another 5 minutes.
- Open, you will see Chicken semi cooked. Taste for Chilly and Salt. Adjust to your taste.
- If they is water, then cook OPEN on low/Med heat. Keep stirring every 2 minutes. Careful it does not get burnt at bottom of WOK.
- Water is burning off and Liquid is now becoming gravy. Stir well and if you think Chicken is cooked, close lid and leave aside for 5 minutes.
I made this with rabbit (2 fryers) in the crockpot on low for 8 hours and it was wonderful! Very flavorful. I'll make this again often. Made for 2013 Spring Safari PAC.