1/4 Photos of Butter Frosting (With Variations)
Nikki Kate's Note:
I use this frosting all the time and was very suprised when I couldn't find it here!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl beat butter until fluffy.
- 2Gradually add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, beating well.
- 3Slowly beat in 1/4 cup milk and the vanilla extract.
- 4Gradually add remaining powdered sugar beating until combined.
- 5If necessary, beat in a little additional milk to make frosting that is easy to spread.
- 6Tint with food coloring as desired, or use as a base for any of the variations.
- 7Transfer unused frosting to a storage container and chill for up to one week.
- 8Peanut Butter Crunch: Substitute creamy peanut butter for the butter. Sprinkle chopped candy-coated peanut butter pieces or chopped peanuts over frosting.
- 9Maraschino Cherry: Substitute 3 Tablespoons maraschino juice for the milk, add 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries with the cherry juice.
- 10Vanilla Polka Dot: Stir 2 to 3 Tablespoons candy sprinkles in the Butter Frosting before serving.
- 11Mini Mint Chip: Add 1/4 teaspoon mint extract and a few drops of green food coloring with the milk. Stir in 1/3 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate pieces before using.
- 12Chocolate Butter Frosting: Reduce powdered sugar to 4 cups and add 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder along with the first 2 cups powdered sugar. If desired, top with chocolate curls.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Frosting (With Variations)
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.7
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 29.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 33.1 g
- Protein 0.1 g