1 hr 10 mins
Chef #183236's Note:
This is a quick little fixin that everyone seems to enjoy. I do not like dark meat of poultry so I only use the white breast meat and only the part that does not touch or come anywhere near any bones, so you may need to adjust the recipe for your use. My daughter is a very picky eater but she loves this dish. It can also be prepared the day before, put in the fridge and then reheated in the oven. I hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed,cleaned that have been washed and patted dry with a paper towel
- 3 tablespoons country crock butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning (do not substitute brands)
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package velveeta macaroni and cheese mix
- 1 cup finely shredded Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup california-blend frozen vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli and carrot mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1In a large skillent on medium-low heat, melt butter.
- 2Cut breast filets into 1" to 1 1/2 inch chunks.
- 3Place into skillet.
- 4Add salt and Montreal seasoning.
- 5Cook over medium-low heat until done, about 15 minute Place cooked chicken chunks on paper towel to drain.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Prepare mac and cheese according to box directions.
- 8When the cheese has melted, add the California blend vegetable mix.
- 9Gently stirring to coat vegetables with cheese.
- 10Place into a lightly sprayed baking dish 13" x 9" works well.
- 11Place cooked/seasoned chicken chunks onto the top of the mac and cheese/vegetable mix.
- 12Gently push the chunks into the mac and cheese.
- 13Lightly sprinkle a layer of the shredded cheese on top.
- 14Cover and bake for 20-25 minute at 350 degrees.
- 15Remove covering and bake an additional 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 16Makes about 12 1 cup servings.
- 17Variation: Instead of mac and cheese, use 2 cups of cooked white rice (prepared in chicken broth instead of water) with 2 cups chunked Velveeta cheese.
- 18Place vegetables in rice/cheese mixture and stir to coat with cheese.
- 19Layer in bottom of baking dish and add fried chicken chunks to top layer.
- 20Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- 21Cover and bake 20-25 minute Remove covering and bake additional 10 minute or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Fried Chicken Bits Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.3
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 32.8 mg
- Sodium 280.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
california-blend frozen vegetables