Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful light and airy frosting!
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (no subsitutions)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening (Crisco plain shortening is best)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, thicken the cream and flour over medium heat.
- Once the mixture has thickened, remove to cool.
- In a bowl, mix together the sugar, softened butter, shortening, vanilla with the cooled flour/cream mixture.
- Beat until fluffy and creamy.