Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These puffy light dumplings can be simmered on top of any liquid, such as stews or soups..
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon finely minced parsley
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the cold butter with a pastry blender till mixture resembles coarse oatmeal.
- Add the egg, milk and parsley.
- Blend lightly, don't overmix.
- Drop by approximately 6 tblsful on top of the simmering liquid.
- Cover tightly and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.do not lift the cover during the cooking process.
- Serve in bowls, topped with butter.