Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These puffy light dumplings can be simmered on top of any liquid, such as stews or soups..
Make and share this Butter Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the cold butter with a pastry blender till mixture resembles coarse oatmeal.
- Add the egg, milk and parsley.
- Blend lightly, don't overmix.
- Drop by approximately 6 tblsful on top of the simmering liquid.
- Cover tightly and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.do not lift the cover during the cooking process.
- Serve in bowls, topped with butter.