Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These puffy light dumplings can be simmered on top of any liquid, such as stews or soups..
Make and share this Butter Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the cold butter with a pastry blender till mixture resembles coarse oatmeal.
- Add the egg, milk and parsley.
- Blend lightly, don't overmix.
- Drop by approximately 6 tblsful on top of the simmering liquid.
- Cover tightly and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.do not lift the cover during the cooking process.
- Serve in bowls, topped with butter.