Recipe by KitchenCraftsnMore
Rich buttery biscuits that are in a stick shape, making them extra fun for kids (and adults) to eat! Make a bit plateful for snacks or as a delicious bread with soup. From BettyCrocker.com
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450ºF.
- Heat butter in square pan, 9x9x2 inches, in oven until melted.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Add milk; stir with fork about 30 strokes or just until soft dough forms.
- Turn dough onto well-floured surface.
- Roll dough around to coat with flour.
- Knead lightly about 10 times.
- Roll or pat into 8-inch square.
- Cut dough into 9 strips with floured knife.
- Dip each strip into melted butter, coating both sides.
- Arrange strips close together in pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot.