Recipe by Alisa Lea
I saw this recipe on Pinterest, pinned from a food blog. I made them for dinner tonight and they are light and fluffy inside with a buttery crunch on the outside and so easy to make. My new favorite biscuits!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a microwave-safe bowl (or you can use the baking dish that you'll be baking these in), melt butter in the microwave.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Pour in the buttermilk. Stir until a loose dough forms. Batter will be a bit sticky.
- Press biscuit dough into baking dish (right on top of the melted butter). Take a sharp knife and cut the biscuit dough into 9 squares before baking.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, rotating dish once during baking.