Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very easy to make light buttery biscuit.
- 9 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon syrup
- 4 1⁄2 ounces caster sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 9 ounces plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3 1⁄2 ounces corn flakes, crushed
- Beat butter until soft in a large bowl.
- Gradually add syrup and sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda; beat into the mixture.
- Stir in the crushed cornflakes.
- On a greased tray place rolled balls of the mixture; keep well apart as they spread while baking.
- Flatten balls gently with a damp fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes on Gas 2 or until edges are turning golden; will crisp up as they cool.