Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Posted as per a recipe request. I haven't tried them but they look really good.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 3⁄4 cup oats (large flake)
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour mixture.
- Fold in the coconut, corn flakes and oats.
- Drop in small balls on a ungreased cookie sheet. They spread as they bake.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 12 minutes.
These are very good.My kids really enjoyed them and so did my co workers. Very easy I will make these agian. I used special K
OK...I don't know which I liked more...the batter before they were baked, or the lacy, crunchy cookies they produced when they were baked. This recipe is definitely a keeper. I didn't run out to the store, so I made 2 substitutions. Instead of corn flakes, I used Special K cereal, and instead of 1 cup butter, I used 1 stick margarine (make sure it's baking margarine) and 1 stick butter. The cookies turned out light, crunchy and Deeeeeee-lish. I think I might try adding chopped Macadamia Nuts to my next batch. Thanks for a great recipe!!!