Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
These little mounds would go great on a Christmas cookie tray or at any time of the year for a gift. Everyone loves kitchen gifts and who could turn down candy?? The size of the batch will depend on how large you make them.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- Heat butter in saucepan over low heat until melted.
- Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup.
- Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Stir in cereal and peanuts until well coated.
- Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper; cool.
I have a cookbook saved with some of Amy's best recipes. This certainly is at the top of the list. Flavor great, goes together quickly and produces great results. Try this for a quick snack. To Amy's family: Thinking of you today. KCShell
these are really pretty good I did boil a wee little longer than 1 minute though.. more like 1 and a half.. they turned out real nice and are good...