Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This has been a recipe that I have served my husband and five children for years! Believe it or not, the inspiration for this dish came from the buttery topping on apple crisp! I decided to create a savory version of this family favorite, and Butter Crunch Chicken Bake was the result! This "one dish wonder," is a fabulous way to get dinner on the table when you are on the run! The ranch dressing gives this dish the perfect seasoning without adding a bunch of different ingredients. I not only use it to season the chicken, but it also adds a savory touch to the Butter Crunch topping. This is destined to be one of your family favorites!
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups baking mix
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 3⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 ounces Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄8 cup finely diced fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place broccoli florets in a lightly greased 9 x 12 baking dish. Add fresh lemon juice, and toss to coat broccoli.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine butter, baking mix, Parmesan cheese, dry mustard and 5 teaspoons of Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix. Using a pastry blender, fork, or even your hands, combine mixture until butter is well incorporated into the baking mix, and Butter Crunch topping is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the remaining Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix over chicken. Place the seasoned chicken on top of broccoli in baking dish. Next spread Butter Crunch mixture evenly on top of chicken. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with fresh chives.