1 hr 35 mins
Mary in LA.'s Note:
My MOM (RUTH) taught me how to make this cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (cut up)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- 2Coat 9 inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- 3Crumb Topping
- 4In bowl, mix flour,sugar, allspice, nutmeg and salt.
- 5Work in butter with fingertips, until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 6Stir in nuts.
- 7Cake: In small bowl,soften cranberries in boiling water, cover for 10 minutes.
- 8Drain and finely chop.
- 9In med size bowl, whisk together flour,baking powder and salt.
- 10In clean bowl,beat butter until creamy, beat in sugar and vanilla for 2 min's or until fluffy.
- 11Add eggs,one at a time, beating well after each.
- 12Working in batches, beat in vogurt with flour mixture.
- 13Add chopped cranberries.
- 14Scrape batter into pan.
- 15Sprinkle evenly with crumb topping.
- 16Bake in 350 deg oven, 60 min's until cake is puffed, top is browned and toothpick comes out dry.
- 17Let cool in the pan for 15 min's.
- 18Remove side of pan& cut into wedges.
- 19Serve slightly warm.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter - Crumb Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.2
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 71.1 mg
- Sodium 186.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 24.8 g
- Protein 5.3 g