Recipe by Theresa P
This recipe came from a church cookbook. I've made this for years. It is such a good cake that is good for any occasion! It makes a great coffee cake to take to work or also great served with some eggs and fruit for a brunch on a busy holiday morning!
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Topping: Cut butter into brown sugar, flour mixture until crumbly.
- Grease bottom only of a 9 x 13-inch cake pan.
- In mixing bowl cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat at low speed until well blended.
- Spread in prepared pan and sprinkle topping over top of cake.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes.