Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a Czechoslovakian recipe from recipegoldmine.com Posted for ZWT4
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine, softened
- 473.18 ml flour
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 340.19 g can fruit filling
- confectioners' sugar
- Cut butter into flour.
- Combine egg yolk with sour cream and add to flour mixture.
- Form into a ball and wrap in wax paper.
- Chill overnight.
- Divide dough into 4 portions.
- Roll each into a 12 inch circle.
- Spread fruit filling evenly over entire circle.
- Cut into 16 wedges.
- Roll from wide end to form crescents.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes or until delicately browned.
- Dust with confectioners sugar when cool.
This was horrible! I had to throw the dough away ...it was just a container full of hardened butter and sour cream. The ingredient amounts must be wrong. What a waste!
These are delicious! I just love the dough! At first I thought fruit filling meant fruit cocktail so I opened a can of it. But I paused and thought..it mustn't be since fuit cocktails are just fruits and are thick..so I googled about it and ended up opening a can of blueberry filling instead. Instead of chilling the dough for hours/overnight in the fridge, I hastened it and chilled it in the freezer instead for an hour so I can work with it right away. The dough's easy to work with and doing this was fairly easy without sacrificing this decadent taste. The crescents once baked was soft, slightly buttery taste and the filling works with it. It's really fantastic! It was just my option not to add confectioner's sugar as topping as I'm trying to watch my sugar intake. Thanks once again for a wonderful recipe, Lavender Lynn!~Made for Photo Forum's Potluck.
I'm mostly all Czech so I couldn't resist trying this recipe for the ZWT4 Holiday Cuisine of Eastern Europe Challenge (hosted by the Holiday and Entertaining). These are just wonderful! Buttery and delicious! The dough was easy to work with and they make a tasty treat. My family enjoyed them. Made for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.