1 hr 20 mins
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
This cake is very good and very rich. You have a choice of three different fillings and two different sponge mixtures ( Butter Cream-Filled Cake and Mocca Butter Cream Filling ). The recipe is from Dr Oetkers German Home Baking Added June 29, 2008 NOTE: If you convert the measurements to ounces the amounts are by weight, not volume. I've edited the recipe to add measurements by volume (cups)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 -3 tablespoons warm water (If using large eggs take the smaller amount of water and if using small eggs use the larger amount o)
- 150 g sugar
- 1 (9 g) packet oetker vanilla sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 100 g plain flour
- 100 g cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Chocolate Butter Cream Filling
- 1 (43 g) packet chocolate Oetker pudding powder (or 43 g vanilla flavour pudding powder plus 2 tbsp cocoa)
- 100 g sugar
- 2 1/2 cups cold milk
- 250 g butter or 250 g margarine
For the sides
- chocolate vermicelli
- 1Sponge Mixture.
- 2Whisk egg yolks with the water until frothy.
- 3Add 2/3 of the sugar and the vanillin sugar, a bit at a time.
- 4Continue whisking until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- 5In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff enough to show and retain the cut of a knife.
- 6Gradually whisk in the rest of the sugar.
- 7fill the egg white snow onto the whisked egg yolk mixture.
- 8Mix together the flour, corn starch, cocoa and the baking powder.
- 9Sieve onto the egg whites.
- 10Fold all the ingredients gently together (do not stir or beat).
- 11Line the bottom of a 10" (26 cm) round baking tin with a removable rim with baking paper and fill with the sponge mixture.
- 12Bake immediately in a moderately hot oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- 13Chocolate Butter Cream Filling:.
- 14Blend the pudding powder and sugar with 6 tbsp of the milk.
- 15Bring the rest of the milk to a boil.
- 16remove from heat and slowly stir in the blended pudding powder.
- 17Stir the pudding occasionally while it is cooling down.
- 18Cream the butter and beat int the cooled pudding one tbsp at a time (the butter and pudding shouldn't be too cool otherwise the cream may curdle).
- 19Cut the cake through twice horizontally.
- 20Spread the bottom layer 1/4 of the butter cream filling.
- 21Lay the 2nd layer over the filling, spread with a little less than half of the remaining cream and lay the top layer over it.
- 22Coat the sides and top surface thinly and evenly with a little of the remaining cream and sprinkle the sides with the chocolate vermicelli .
- 23Pipe the rest of the cream decoratively over the top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Cream-Filled Cake With Chocolate Butter Cream Filling
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.8
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 114.5 mg
- Sodium 226.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Oetker pudding powder