Recipe by Purdy Good Cook
These cookies are good for any time of the year, and they are definitely a great addition to any cookie tray. I have made them a few times, and they are always a favorite of everyone!
- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate or 3 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Use a wooden spoon to mix in the sugar, butter, egg, and egg yolks, and chocolate to form a smooth dough.
- Press the dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minute.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and butter three cookie sheets.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Use a 2inch cookie cutter to cut the cookies. Gather the dough scraps, re-roll, and continue cutting out until all of the dough is gone.
- Use a spatula to transfer the cookies to the cookie sheet, placing them 1 inch apart.
- Bake one sheet at a time, for 10-15 minutes, or until just golden. Transfer to cool rack to cool.