Recipe by MightyStickFigure
For chocolate butter cookies, substitute 1/4 cup cocoa powder for 1/4 cup of the flour.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 7⁄8 cup firm unsalted butter
- 7⁄8 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease two cookie sheets thoroughly.
- Put the flour in a food processor.
- Cut the butter into small pieces; add it to the food processor and blend together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla extract and blend to a smooth dough.
- Wrap and chill for an hour.
- Roll out the mixture on a floured surface, cut out rounds or squares, and place on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 6-10 minutes until the pieces turn golden around the edges.
- Transfer the plain or chocolate butter cookie shapes to a wire rack to cool.