Prep 11 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my favorite cut-out cookie recipe. The kids love to make lots of different shapes.
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and almond ext.
- Gradually blend in flour.
- Roll out on floured surface; cut with cookie cutters.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350* for 8 minutes.
- Remove at once to wire rack.
Very yummy! This is a crisp, flat butter cookie with a nice butter and almond flavor. It made exactly 3 dozen cookie cutter cookies for me. Thank you!
This recipe was extremely easy and delicious! I made Easter cookies (ducks, chicks and bunnies!) and iced them with "royal icing" (Recipe: 1/8 cup meringue powder, 1/4 cup ice water--mix together to dissolve--then beat in 1 1/2 to 2 cups powdered sugar. I added a little almond flavoring; tint to desired color). The cookies were a big hit! I would definitely use this recipe again.
A nice butter cookie recipe. It rolled out well and they held their shape while they were baking. Thanks!