Recipe by marisk
This is from the Great American Recipe collection.
Top Review by Callu
I was looking for a light crisp butter cookie and these did the job. I actually rolled the dough into a log, chilled and sliced it thin. It was a lazy way to get excellent cookies. My old recipe used granulated rather than powdered sugar but I really liked the powdered sugar version.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until very light and fluffy. Add the flour gradually, mixing until well blended (do not over mix).
- Chill dough in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Roll out a third of dough at a time, keeping remaining dough chilled.
- Onto a lightly floured board, gently roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-inch round cookie cutter.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Prick tops with a fork, making a pattern of 3 rows of 4 dots.
- Continue rolling out dough using scraps, mixing the warm scraps with the chilled dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes until just barely browned. Cool a few minutes.
- Remove to rack to cool completely.