Recipe by Brenda
This recipe came from a school cafeteria. I made a few adjustments to improve recipe and scale down to home use. These are delicate and delicious. Enjoy!
- 1 lb real butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- powdered sugar icing
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Add flour in small amounts at a time.
- Do not beat for a long time after flour is added.
- Place by rounded Tablespoonfuls, or use a cookie dough scoop, onto ungreased cookie sheet, 3" apart.
- Bake until bottom edges of cookies are brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- When cooled, ice with powdered sugar icing, as described on package.