Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe came from a school cafeteria. I made a few adjustments to improve recipe and scale down to home use. These are delicate and delicious. Enjoy!
- 1 lb real butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- powdered sugar icing
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Add flour in small amounts at a time.
- Do not beat for a long time after flour is added.
- Place by rounded Tablespoonfuls, or use a cookie dough scoop, onto ungreased cookie sheet, 3" apart.
- Bake until bottom edges of cookies are brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- When cooled, ice with powdered sugar icing, as described on package.
These are great cookies! I rolled the dough out and cut into squares, then filled them with jam and sprinkled with icing sugar after they cooled .. yummy!!
they were super great! i used mashed bananas instead of butter 2 make this more healthier, i wouldn't recommemd it 4 anyone who doesn't mind the cookies being a little tough, but it's really great!
These cookies are delicate and delicious, must try !!!