Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
Plain and simple. 1/2 hour chilling time is in the prep time.
Make and share this Butter Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Sift flour on counter and make a well.
- Add 1 yolk, sugar, rum and the zest of 1/2 lemon into the well.
- Mix ingredients in the well.
- Add cubed butter on the flour.
- Incorporate everything quickly working from the outside in and with as less hand contact as possible (using a knife or a pastry cutter).
- Knead swiftly to form a smooth dough.
- Wrap in foil and let rest in the fridge for 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Roll dough thinly (1/2 cm .3/16 inch).
- Cut with simple cookie cutter (heart, crescent etc 1 1/2 - 2 inches big).
- Put on cookie sheet, spaced 2 inches apart.
- Beat remaining yolk and brush cookies.
- Bake on middle rack for 8-10 minutes until golden.