Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in the newspaper several years ago and they've become a favorite. The recipe makes a nice, large cookie and the extra sugar on top adds to the flavor.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- additional sugar, for coating hands
- Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add salt.
- Gradually add flour, blending it in to make a stiff, smooth dough.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Form dough into 8 balls; place balls far apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place some sugar on a saucer.
- Press palm of hand into sugar, then use palm to flatten each ball of dough to a 3-inch circle, 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Leave on baking sheet 5 minutes, then loosen with spatula and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
I would highly recommend stopping after step 4 and just eating the raw cookie dough (which is safe because there are no eggs in this recipe) Awesome cookie dough...mediocre cookies.