Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another one of my Xmas cookie recipes. Prep time does not include time for dough to chill.
Make and share this Butter Cookie Cutouts recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups butter, softened (NO substitutions)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 5 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, eggs and almond extract.
- In a seperate large bowl, combine flour, powdered sugar, baking soda and cream of tartar. Gradually beat in these dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- Chill dough for at least 2 hours for better handling.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dopugh to about 1/8"-1/4" thickness. Cut into desired shapes w/ cookie cutters. Reroll scraps and cut again.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets and bake at 375 for 6-10 minutes; (depending on size and thckness of your cookies) or until just lightly brown at edges.