Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Did you get a bunch of tins of Danish butter cookies over the holidays and don't know what to do with them all? I sure did. So I adapted a Ritz cracker recipe (Abracadabra Bars from NabiscoWorld.com) using butter cookies instead of the crackers. The original recipe calls for walnuts. I'm allergic so I used sliced almonds. The number of actual cookies used may vary since they tend to come in various shapes and sizes. I used a mix of round and square cookies for the first layer and broke up the pretzel shaped ones for the top.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange 16 cookies in a single layer on the bottom of a greased 9 inch square baking pan.
- Coarsely crush approx 16 more cookies and sprinkle over the cookie layer.
- Cover with layers of coconut, chips then nuts.
- Coarsely crush the remaining cookies and sprinkle over top of nut layer.
- Drizzle evenly with condensed milk.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until center is set and top is golden brown. Do not overbake!
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.