- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1 1/2 tablespoons of cinnamon and set aside.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups of sugar with room temperature butter until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Sift in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- Roll rounded drops of dough in sugar mix, or be lazy and sprinkle mix over cookies on baking sheets.
- Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes, edges brown.
- (summertime option: place dough in fridge until firms up).