Recipe by jackandfiona
I tried this recipe from a friend last night - divine in pita bread. Play around with the vegetables and spices to suit your taste. I guess a low fat version could be made with coconut cream or low fat evaporated milk. Watch the cream - it can burn easily to the bottom.
Top Review by osoriogma
Great taste, might even have been improved with a little more of a kick - next time I might try a bit more chili powder or possibly cinnamon. But this was a really satisfying vegetarian meal. My husband went back for thirds!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (300 g) can chickpeas
- 1 (300 g) can tomato soup
- 200 g boiled cubed potatoes
- 250 ml cream or 250 ml coconut cream or 250 ml evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion and garlic until onion is soft.
- Stir in garam masala, other spices, and ginger.
- Cook for 1- 2 minutes,do not burn.
- Add soup, cream, chickpeas and potatoes.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Sweet potato or pumpkin can be used instead of potato.
- I also added diced zuchini fresh from my garden.
- If the consistency is too runny, thicken with a small amount of cornflour.