1 hr 10 mins
Jen in Victoria, BC's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes
- 1Combine garam masala, ground ginger and cayenne in a small bowl; set aside.
- 2Over medium low heat, sauté onion in butter for about 10 minutes. Add fresh ginger and garlic. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until tender.
- 3Add spice blend, stirring frequently for 30-60 seconds, being careful to not burn the spices.
- 4Add tomato sauce, whole peeled tomatoes, and paste. Let simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- 5Transfer sauce to blender and process until smooth.
- 6Pour butter chicken sauce back into pan. Add salt and sugar to taste.
Browse Our Top Indian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Indian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Chicken Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.4
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 1104.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 3.4 g