Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Butter Chicken Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes
- Combine garam masala, ground ginger and cayenne in a small bowl; set aside.
- Over medium low heat, sauté onion in butter for about 10 minutes. Add fresh ginger and garlic. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add spice blend, stirring frequently for 30-60 seconds, being careful to not burn the spices.
- Add tomato sauce, whole peeled tomatoes, and paste. Let simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer sauce to blender and process until smooth.
- Pour butter chicken sauce back into pan. Add salt and sugar to taste.